Short Course: WordPress IntermediateBuilding Your First Self Hosted Website
WordPress is the industry-leading content management system used for small to large websites. In this one day hands-on, practical workshop, you’ll setup a basic website using the self hosted WordPress.org and be shown how it works, step by step, on how to achieve this.
Mid-week days: 10am – 4pm, Mid-week evenings: 6-9pm, Saturdays: 9:30am-3:30pm
Who Should Attend
Anyone wanting to learn how to set up a self hosted (in your own hosting) WordPress website for themselves or their clients. Anyone who has been put in charge of managing an existing WordPress website.
This course covers the steps required to setup a WordPress website from scratch using self hosted WordPress.org platform.
- Introducing WordPress.org
- How WordPress works
- Domain Name, Hosting, WordPress & how they work together
- Installing WordPress
- Viewing your WordPress site
- Using WordPress Admin panel
- Posts vs Pages in WordPress
- Creating pages
- Creating posts
- Formatting posts and pages
- Creating and editing links
- Post categories and tags
- Uploading media (images, PDF)
- Working with audio and video
- Working with free Themes: previewing, installing and changing themes
- Create and modifying menus
- Using Widgets
- Introduction to Plug-Ins
- WordPress as a Content Management System
- User Roles
- WordPress Maintenance & Security
- Migration tool for WordPress
Basic Computer/Internet skills with PC or Mac
- Please contact us on 1300 996 009 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for upcoming dates
Courses are organised and run through Billy Blue College of Design in Ultimo, Sydney and will run when a minimum number is achieved.
Contact us online or email email@example.com to reserve your seat or for any enquiries.